황병준 (Byung Joon Hwang, Ph.D.)
- 전공 : 발생학
- 전화번호 : 033-250-8543
- E -mail : email@example.com
|날 짜||학 력|
|1986||서울대학교 (이학사 - 동물학)|
|1988||서울대학교 (이학석사 - 동물학 및 분자생물학)|
|1997||Stanford University, USA (이학박사 -암생물학)|
|날 짜||경 력|
|2009.9 - 현재||강원대학교, 분자생명과학과 부임|
|2009.9 - 현재||Scripps Korea Antibody Institute, 책임연구원|
|2007.9 - 2009.8||Staff Scientist in the National Cancer Institute at NIH, USA|
|2004.9 - 2007.8||Senior Research Fellow in Division of Biology, California Institute of Technology, USA|
|1998.9 - 2004.8||Post-doctoral fellow & Howard Hughes Medical Institute Associate in HHMI/Division of Biology, California Institute of Technology, USA|
|1997.9 - 1998.8||Post-doctoral fellow in Departments of Biochemistry and Medicine, Stanford University Medical School, USA|
- 예쁜꼬마선충을 주제로 동물 발생에 중요한 notch signaling의 기작에 대한 연구.
- 게놈순서를 효과적으로 이용할 수 있는 functional genomics 기술 개발 및 이를 이용한 암 발생 기작에 대한 연구.
- 동물 발생시 수반되는 여러 세포현상들의 기작에 대한 연구.
- Role of xeroderma pigmentosum group E binding factor in DNA repair, Stanford University, Stanford, CA, USA
- Hwang BJ, Meruelo AD and Sternberg PW: C. elegans EVI1 proto-oncogene, EGL-43, is necessary for Notch-mediated cell-fate specification and regulates cell invasion. 2007, Development 134: 669-679.
- Kee Y*, Hwang BJ*, Sternberg PW, and Bronner-Fraser M: Evolutionary conservation of cell migration genes: from nematode neurons to vertebrate neural crest. 2007, Genes and Development 21:391-396.
- *These authors contributed equally
Cui M, Chen J, Myers TR, Hwang BJ, Sternberg PW, Greenwald I, and Han M: SynMuv genes redundantly inhibit lin-3/EGF expression to prevent inappropriate vulval induction in C. elegans. 2006, Developmental Cell 10: 667-672.
- Gupta BP, Liu J, Hwang BJ, Moghal N, and Sternberg PW: sli-3 negatively regulates LET-23 EGFR-mediated vulval induction pathway in Caenorhabditis elegans. 2006, Genetics 174: 1315-1326.
- Smider V, Hwang BJ, and Chu G: Electrophoretic mobility shift assays to study protein binding to damaged DNA. 2006, Methods Mol. Biol. 314:323-344.
- Hwang BJ and Sternberg PW: A cell-specific enhancer that specifies lin-3 expression in the C. elegans anchor cell for vulval development. 2004, Development 131: 143-151.
- Hwang BJ, Muller HM, and Sternberg PW: Genome annotation by high-throughput 5'-RNA end determination. 2004, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 101: 1650-1655.
- Cong F, Tang J, Hwang BJ, Voung B, Chu G, and Goff SP: Interaction between UV-damaged DNA binding activity proteins and the c-Abl tyrosine kinase. 2002, J. Biol. Chem. 277: 34870-34878.
- Tang J, Hwang BJ, Ford JM, Hanawalt PC, and Chu G: Xeroderma pigmentosum p48 gene enhances global genomic repair and suppresses UV-induced mutagenesis. 2000, Molecular Cell 5: 737-744.
- Hwang BJ, Ford JM, Hanawalt PC, and Chu G: Expression of the p48 xeroderma pigmentosum gene is p53-dependent and involved in global genomic repair. 1999, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 96: 424-428.
- Hwang BJ, Smider V, and Chu G: The use of electrophoretic mobility shift assays to study DNA repair. 1999, In: Methods Mol. Biol. 113:103-120.
- Hwang BJ, Toering S, Francke U, and Chu G: p48 activates an UV-damaged DNA binding factor and is defective in xeroderma pigmentosum group E cells that lack binding activity. 1998, Mol. Cell. Biol. 18: 4391-4399.
- Hwang BJ, Liao, JC, and Chu G: Isolation of a cDNA encoding a UV-damaged DNA binding factor defective in xeroderma pigmentosum group E cells. 1996, Mutation Res. 362: 105-117.
- Hwang BJ, Smith AJ, and Chu G: Internal sequence analysis of proteins eluted from polyacrylamide gels. 1996, J. Chromatography B. 686: 165-175.
- Hwang BJ and Chu G: Trichloroacetic acid precipitation by ultracentrifugation to concentrate dilute protein in viscous solution. 1996, BioTechniques 20: 982-984.
- Hwang BJ and Chu G: Purification and characterization of a human protein that binds to damaged DNA. 1993, Biochemistry 32: 1657-1666.
- Lee CS, Hahm JK, Hwang BJ, Ha DB, Park SD, and Chung CH: Processing of the Ada protein by two serine endoproteases, Do and So from Escherichia coli. 1990, FEBS Letters 262: 310-312.
- Chung CH, Woo KM, Hwang BJ, Ha DB, and Goldberg AL: A new ATP-dependent protease Ti in Escherichia coli that is distinct from protease La. 1989, In: Intracellular Protein Catabolism. Eds.: Katunuma N. and Kominami E., Springer-Verlag & Japan Soc. Press, 199-206.
- Hwang BJ, Woo KM, Goldberg AL, and Chung CH: Protease Ti, a new ATP-dependent protease in Escherichia coli, contains protein-activated ATPase and proteolytic functions in distinct subunits. 1988, J. Biol. Chem. 263: 8727-8734.
- Hwang BJ, Park WJ, Chung CH, and Goldberg AL: Escherichia coli contains a soluble ATP-dependent protease (Ti) distinct from protease La. 1987, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 84: 5550-5554.
- NIH career development award (K22); Genome Scholar Development and Faculty Transition Award from the National Human Genome Research Institute at NIH, USA (2003 ? 2007)
- W.M. Keck Foundation/California Institute of Technology Award for Discovery in Basic Medical Research, USA (2002 ? 2003);
- co-P.I. with Dr. Paul W. Sternberg at HHMI/California Institute of Technology Janet M. Shamberger Postdoctoral Fellowship, Stanford University, USA (1998)